Sunday, November 3, 2019

Book #13


Turns out: the recently released Argotist E-Book The Great Recession is my thirteenth book. To me, it marks a sea-change in both how I relate to my own books and how I relate to literature in general. Those who know Wordsworth in depth have seen: the Argotist blurb for GR borrows liberally from Wordsworth's famous Preface (to the 1802 edition of Lyrical Ballads). It also takes a textual approach which shies away from the personal; or, as Wordsworth would have it, from the egotistical sublime. For the duration, my books henceforth will be dictated by an approach which takes for granted the at least intermittent desirability of staying "clean" of first person singular influences. So that: those who follow my work know that Something Solid is 75% written. I now am stating my intention to craft an initial 25% which does an advanced version of the tricks GR does. This, rather than making SS a paean to the personal, in a thoroughgoing way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment