Monday, April 15, 2019

Lurch Back...


To lurch back from the Aughts to the Nineties: Poetry Incarnation '05 and the Highwire Gallery Philly Free School shows, as dramatic public displays of sangfroid around cultural and other forms of chaos, were presaged by the work I did with the Outlaw Playwrights in State College in the Nineties. These three one-acts are what I deem most worthy of preservation from that experience. By the by: Mortuary Puppies was produced by the Outlaws in State College on 2-11-99, while I was living in Manhattan. I had left the script for the Outlaws to use right before I left State College in late November '98. I didn't find out about the production until the late summer of '99, when I moved into Logan Square. What the Aughts were to be loomed large by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment