Monday, November 19, 2018

Seven Corners (7C): Ode On Jazz


I met Steve Halle in Henniker, doing my M.F.A. in the Boston 'burbs. Steve shared my penchant for the new, the twisted & the avant-garde in poetry, angled somewhat against most of the New England College M.F.A. faculty. We graduated together in the summer of '06. When I visited Chicago for the first time, that December, I stayed with Steve and his wife Monica in Palatine, a suburb about forty-five minutes outside the city. We read together at Myopic Books in Wicker Park (Guyville), Chicago's answer to Manayunk in Philly, and in preparation Steve uploaded this page onto his Seven Corners (7C) blog, which includes the Ode On Jazz. The Jazz Ode as of now has, in mp3 form, become a hit on a number of sound-file sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment