Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Abs and the Occult


Over the course of my life, I've developed a philosophy of the occult, based solely on what for me is a commonplace, something taken for granted: natal charts don't work that much. Turns out, Abby's natal chart (9-18-80) works better than most. Sun in Virgo, Mars rising in Scorp, and moon in Cappy are all pretty dead on accurate. The emendations I've made account for Abs' genius. I move Venus up to Virgo, to complete the stellium Sun-Jupiter-Saturn. Then, what busts a move is a desire to express something about Abby Heller-Burnham, to account for her formidable painting brain. Mercury, as is not strictly possible, but is if you happen to be interested in truth-telling, moves over to the eighth house and Gemini, squaring Sun-Venus-Jupiter-Saturn in Virgo. The Gemini-Virgo square tension, from the eighth to the eleventh house, accounts for Abby's penchant, which I share with her, for multiple meanings, tensions and ambiguities, and absolute thematic richness. Mercury in Gemini is her painting brain, hyped into incredible formal rigor by a surfeit of the Virgo stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment